Sunday, March 29, 2015

Commander Grey Finale

A Burning Ship; a Decimated Planet

The ground around us glowed a dark, blood red. The asymmetrical ton of molten steel and fire that these savages called a ship was hurling towards us. My men braced themselves. The trees that they were sulking behind were lit ablaze. A glossy rain of ash began to fall from the sky, and before I knew it, thousands of flares split off the hull of the mothership. Drop pods. Motioning the signal to raise the tank platforms, the men swapped the plasma canisters to cyro canisters and pulled the artillery forward. My arm lunged downward towards the burning earth; embers rose from the ground. In response, the tanks opened fire.

Elements collided. Ice against fire. Flashes of blue rushed towards the trenches that the soldiers dug into. Their cries could be heard within a mile's radius. Blue light shot up from the trenches far and near, there was nothing we could do. Grasping my belt, I drew my officer's blade; edged with tempered siegesteel, could not break. The flashes moved closer, I fell back into the line of tanks. "Fire!" I shouted, and a volley of nitrogen shot out at the walking flames. They twitched and almost broke free. They then shattered to crystals. 

Igni kept flowing in waves of blue and erratic fire, we had no choice but to flee. In our flight, we lost many good men. Whoever did not make it to the tanks fell like wheat to the farmer's scythe. They were cut down almost immediately. The tanks traveled quickly with the , we routed towards the capital of Orion. The Olympian Forest was no match for the igni and was quickly consumed. This was like no experience I have ever had. The igni were simply traders from a foreign galaxy at the time and we hadn't a clue as to where they came from. But of course you know where they came from. Erideti. The larger of the two stars. Anyways, we're getting off track, let's go back to our story.

A surprise was hidden beneath my tank that I was seated on. An igni that burned red clawed its way onto the surface of the tank and leaped at me. The demon was brandishing two blades that lined its forearm. With flurry of blades, we danced about the tank exchanging blows, back and forth. The beast's blades clashed against my sword and snapped it in two. It threw its blades at my sword and it split in three segments. I was astonished, siegesteel, break? "Damn it all to hell!" I shouted at the beast. It looked at me with its burning eyes, emblazoned mane, enormous fanged teeth and bent ; I drew my father's revolving chambered pistol and fired all six rounds into its skull before it could even make a move towards me. Its head shattered and sprayed across the surface of the tank, and at the time, the gunner of my tank opened his hatch at this moment and received a third degree burn across his face, as a fang had nicked his cheek. Kicking the corpse off the tank, I swapped seats with the gunner and forced him to sit outside the tank for being so oblivious as to not know that I had almost died.

Within the next few hours, the Federation's last army on Orion had arrived at the planet's capital. We found rubble and burnt out skyscrapers. The mothership still loomed over us. The next few hours though, the ship had recalled some of its soldiers and slipped off to a more relevant sector to plunder. My strategist and I at the time assumed that they only blinked here to destroy the Pouli carrier. It was the last of the Pouli that the Federation knew of.

After all of this though, here I sit with you, Mr. Sparks, on this wonderful light and inspiration to the galaxy. The Kronosik. As admiral of the small fleet we have here, I welcome you.

No comments:

Post a Comment