Thursday, March 26, 2015

Commander Grey

A Short Story for Content

I peered around the corner of the concrete facade that obscured my vision, a bloodied, burning battlefield lay adjacent to it; I feared for my life. Volleys of colorful and deadly hues pierced the smoke and darkness around me and rattled the earth.

The machinations and their masters towered over us; my block was not to last much longer. The small and feathered beasts grappled the flanks of the machines; upon stopping, they would repair the exposed hull of the mechanical titans. A group no larger than six lumbered towards us. This was it, the Deuses de Technologia; the Gods of Technology.

The citadel was wracked by flares which flew from the hearts of the machines. My men prepared to retreat, we gathered whatever supplies we could. From the bridge of the fortress to the depths of the basement floor, a tide of men traveled like water. I saw men being trampled, fighting their way through. I led the line though as we rushed out the secret access tunnel, hidden in the tall forest to the east of the fort. It was a dark and damp run. Not everyone made it. The tunnel collapsed in segments and killed many; all I knew was that we would not stop. We marched on.

No comments:

Post a Comment